Matt Miller, owner of New Era Scouting, will update you on the world of college and NFL football here with news and opinions.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday morning (hangover)

No, not me....
Only in Tennessee can you get a DUI for letting a drunk guy drive your car. Poor Steve McNair. I can't wait to see the commish rule on this one. I like this law for the right reasons, but I'm a short drive from Tennessee and this terrifies me. This is the anti-DD rule.

Vick on a "short leash"
Talk about your puns gone wrong. Arthur Blank says that his troubled QB is on a short leash, while new HC Bobby Petrino says Vick must, "prove himself to me". I bet they are really glad they traded Matt Schaub right now. Hello, Joey Harrington. Brian Brohm in '08 is a nice campaign slogan. Be sure to check out the article from Don Bank's on CNNSI.com on Vick's friends ratting him out.

This is why I'm hot
We keep hearing that Antonio Cromartie has been the sensation of Chargers mini camp. Cromartie was a favorite of the blog's while at FSU (remember the Miami game?) and we can't wait to see him become one of the premier cornerbacks/return men in the game.

BWilliams tells karma to "F" off.
Ok, he didn't really, but he did take #81, previously worn by Terrell Owens, Rashaun Woods (ugh) and Antonio Bryant. Good luck with that Brandon.

Bills cut, Manny cries
The now infamous crier, Manuel Wright, was cut by the Bills already. Teams don't make cuts before camp starts. This is pretty impressive. I had the chance to interview Manny at a former site, it was a unique experience all the way. I feel bad for the guy though, everyone knows him as the crying football player that missed a year with clinical depression. Now he's unemployed.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home